POSITION: Sales Counselor
Friends Fellowship Community, a not-for-profit retirement community, is looking for a self-motivated, results-driven, and professional individual to immediately fill the position of Sales Counselor.
This position is responsible for implementation of the sales plan and for Independent and/or Assisted Living and/or skilled nursing home sales programs, to build and develop quality community occupancy in accordance with Federal, State, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
- Coordinate and conduct community sales events as assigned.
- Identify prospective residents by phone and in-person; document accordingly in CRM.
- Assist in developing advertising, communications, and public relations strategies, if requested.
- Conduct scheduled and non-scheduled presentations to interested people.
- Educate prospective residents and their advisors about all aspects of the community (IL/AL/SNF, if applicable), including the continuum of living/care options.
- Understand and provide input to the marketing strategy and media planning.
- Set appointments with prospective residents and their advisors; schedule regular follow-up communication with prospective residents and/or their advisors.
- Qualify prospective residents according to age, health, finance, and interest.
- Document activity and maintain records with prospective residents and referral sources through the lead management system (CRM).
- Counsel with prospective residents, families, and their advisors about the reservation process and general questions about becoming a resident.
- Provide marketing statistics and information as requested.
- Ensure the selection, documentation, and signature of all options and custom features, special requests or special terms selected by the prospective resident are recorded.
- Contact prospects by telephone as assigned and document daily in CRM.
- Help maintain community inventory (sold/available) residence records with the CRM.
- Work with active residents who are not able to maintain occupancy in current location (home/apartment) to the next best option due to health reasons and assist with the proper alternate options within the community (if applicable).
- Maintain confidentiality of prospect's and resident's personal, health and financial information.
- Dementia Special Care Unit--Follow all appropriate safety and security guidelines, procedures, and protocol for residents in these neighborhoods; participate in relevant educational and training activities as appropriate.
- Thinks and acts calmly and logically to meet unusual occurrences of the job without being thrown off stride.
- Serves as the health care center admissions and complete health care admission agreements and documentation.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining all resident business files and providing required documentation to the nursing department prior to admission.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or directed.
Sales experience, particularly in health care services, products or pharmaceuticals is desirable; Must be able to read, write, understand, and speak the English language; Must be able to work closely with Administrator, Director of Nursing, Admissions Coordinator, families, and facility employees; Must function independently, have flexibility, and personal integrity; Must be able to adhere to all terms and conditions set forth in the Friends Fellowship Employee Handbook.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Skill and Abilities
- Education: Preferred Associate-degree (two-year college or technical school)
- Experience: Five (5) years or more of related senior living sales and marketing experience preferred
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient at operating a computer, the internet and general office equipment.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
Must obtain and maintain mandatory, state and federal requirements and certifications for practice or occupation.
Company Benefits Include:
- Paid time off and 7 paid holidays
- Insurance – health, dental, disability, life, and vision
- Health savings account
- Retirement plan available with company match contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral program
To apply, please fill out the form below or download the application and return, in person, to Lisa or Jenna at 2030 Chester Boulevard.